Monday 24 August 2009

Society of Garden Designers' Student of the Year? Well, maybe...

It has been a very busy year since last September, and the completion of my diploma in Garden Design has coincided with the competition to find the Society of Garden Designers' Student of the Year. I am one of four people from the Oxford College of Garden Design to be put forward this year, and it is a great honour. I am submitting my work this week - the judging will take place in early September, so there isn't long to agonise over the outcome.
The project I am putting forward is a bold scheme which uses mass planting to create a densely textured prairie effect, within a strong geometric design of terracing and water that will allow the clients to give full rein to their love of entertaining. We'll see how it goes down with the judges...

No comments:

Post a Comment